Friday, June 8, 2012

Mini Portable USB Charger for Ni-MH AA/AAA Rechargeable Battery AA AAA Charger

I got this for $1.52 shipped (incl. tracking) from an eBay seller - Vikicompany. It came in a padded envelope. No instructions.
Photobucket
It comes with a cap to cover the USB end for storage. There is a flip down plastic piece that appears to adapt it for use with AAA size batteries.
Photobucket
It plugs right into an available USB port. It is small enough to fit next to an adjacent cable on my PC.
Photobucket

I tried recharging some of my Ray-O-Vac platinum AA cells that had been recently recharged. I put them in the charger and plugged them in expecting they would not stay on long. They ran more than a day before I pulled them. They got a little warm. My guess is the charger does not have automatic shut off. I sent an email to the seller asking for more information. The only thing the charger says on it is 160 mA at 1.4 VDC charging current.  There is an individual red LED for each cell, and it appears like you can charge a single cell, but I am not real sure I want to charge one indefinitely without some kind of auto shutoff.

The seller confirmed it does not shut off automatically, an important point not mentioned in the item description. But, for $1.52, what can you expect.

From the item description:
Features:
100% BRAND NEW!
Weight:28g.
Size: 10.05 x 3.3 x 2 cm.
Recharges high capacity Ni-MH AA and AAA batteries.
Safe and efficient use of energy.
Very convenient and easy to use.
Compact and lightweight, easy to carry.
With LED indicator.
Input:D.C.5v.
Output:D.C.1.4V
Included items :
1 x USB Charger for AA / AAA battery





No comments: