Friday, January 25, 2013

Thorogood 7990 Side Zip EH Safety Boots Update

Updates

During the Christmas season I ended up having to get my regular hiking and outdoor boots repaired so I was without any hiking boots for most of a week. I decided to try these as hiking boots since I did not have any other good options at the time.

 It turns out they worked out pretty well. The tread worked well in ice, snow, and mud. With a thick pair of socks and some liner socks they were adequately warm although I was not out in unusually cold weather (most in the 20s).

 I don't know how waterproof they might be. I did not try fording any creeks or walking in deep puddles in them. I suspect they are waterproof as long as one does not get real deep in the water. Maybe a couple of inches.

One thing I did find was that they just do not breath at all. Not a huge deal with liner socks and a thick pair of non-cotton socks over them. Pretty comfy too.

No comments: