Saturday, February 23, 2013

Walmart Faded Glory Big Men's Packable Windbreaker

Been looking for a small, lightweight, water proof hooded jacket. They are very pricey. I happened to run across this the other day and ordered one.

Walmart Faded Glory Big Men's Packable Windbreaker

It came in the mail yesterday. At first I did not like it much. The polyester jacket seemed cheap and the elastic gathers at the hood and cuffs did not seem to tighten down as much as I might like. But I took it out snow blowing. I got a lot of snow on it. The thing worked like a charm. I was not wet. My pants got a little damp, but I was perfectly dry from the waist up. The elastic gathers around the hood and cuffs while they did not tighten down as much as I would have liked at first, actually worked pretty well. I bought one a size larger so I could put it over a jacket as that is how I intend to use it some times. It seems true to size. For $13 and change delivered, I think it is a deal.

They have them in regular sizes as well.

Walmart Faded Glory Men's Packable Windbreaker

I have not had a chance to wear it a lot, so I don't know how durable it will be, but it seems reasonably durable. Well stitched.

I ran water over a sleeve for a few minutes to test the waterproofness. The elastic gathers dampened up some, but no water went through the sleeve.

It came with a small stuff sack.

I got a gray one. They come in several colors.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wilma wanted in on the action. The jacket easily fits in the stuff sack. The draw string is an elastic bungee type cord. Not real fond of them. I might replace the cord with something else if it annoys me enough.
Photobucket

ETA 2-23-13
I was asked what it weighs. I weighed it on my kitchen scale. About 9 ounces including the stuff sack.

ETA 2-24-13
I was asked about how waterproof it is so I did a test.

No comments: