Monday, February 8, 2010

Bob's blog

Last year I was going to start a blog. I never got around to it. I do spend some time writing in various forums, so I think what I will do is put anything original I write in here and either link or copy it to other places.

I am not sure just what all the things are I may write about.

Guns, knives, politics, outdoorsey things. Those interest me. I may also do some writing about interesting sites on the Internet. If you have ideas on things for me to write about, let me know. I am not sure where this thing is headed, or just what I will be commenting on. Doing a blog right takes a lot of effort. I would rather do a small amount of quality work than a lot of crap.

I also like exonumia (tokens and other coin like things that are not actually coins). I have other interests as well such as science fiction, and I will probably do some posting about those interests as time permits.

I welcome comments to any of my posts. I prefer it if you do not do so anonymously, but I won't delete posts solely because they are anonymous. I don't want to be trying to decide what posts are bad enough to delete so please be civil. At present, posts are not moderated so comments show up right away.

Someone suggested to me a few weeks ago that a good test is whether you would be comfortable saying something in front of your mother and minister. So if what you have to say meets that test, feel free to say it.

I am under no illusion that I know all that much about anything. The older I get, the more I realize how little I really know. I am generally not offended if you disagree with something I write, especially if your response is well reasoned and informative.

No comments: