I bought these sneakers at WalMart in the spring of 2010 to use while mowing. My feet had grown considerably and I had no shoes that fit me that I wanted to turn green so I bought these. They were cheap, maybe $9 or $10. Not real comfy, but adequate. Since I only planned to wear them a couple hours a week during lawn mowing season, I expected they would last a long time. I find it odd they both failed in the same way at the same time.
I keep them in the back of my Jeep. Maybe the heat there affected them or something, but when I went out yesterday to mow the lawn, BOTH of them exhibited a delamination of the thin rubber sole. The last time I mowed both were OK.
I thought about just tossing them out but decided to try an experiment instead. I reattached the left sole with super glue. I probably did not use enough, but I did use a whole tube of generic super glue from Harbor Freight.
The right side one I reattached with black Permatex.
Both shoes are still holding up after the hasty repairs I made some time ago. I only use them a few hours a week during lawn mowing season though.