Sunday, September 18, 2011

Outdoor Products Fanny Pack (WalMart)

I bought this at WalMart back in the spring. It was around $10. I started using it instead of a backpack. It was smaller and while it does not have a drinking bladder, the bottle holders work well. It came with two 1/2 l bottles that I chose not to use in favor of these two diet root beer bottles that are 1 l.

Unfortunately it developed a rip in the stitching. I did not notice it and catch it in time to fix it when it was just a little rip, so it ended up being a much bigger rip than it had to be.


My wife sewed it up with some heavy nylon thread that came with a sewing awl I bought from Harbor Freight. It probably would have been a minor fix if I had caught it early on.


I have a tough time blaming this on the product. I just did not check it and catch a minor thing in time to keep it a minor thing. The pack has provided good daily service on my morning dog walks and occassional hikes in the woods since I got it back in the spring.

For the $10 I paid for it I still consider it a good deal.

No comments: