Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hard to believe

I did not run across this on my own. I ran across the lawyer's story on a gun forum. I had previously read the SCC comments about the case, and wondered how such a miscarriage of justice could happen. I take out of this that one should never forget that when one is only listening to one side of an extremely emotionally charged story one is unlikely to get the full story.

These posts all describe the same incident. Hard to believe they are all talking about the same incident. I offer it without any further comment.

Newspaper article about the incident at the time it happened

Commentary from a Chicago police officer's blog after a mostly white and mostly suburban jury found a black defendant not guilty of shooting two cops, apparrently on self defense grounds

More commentary from a Chicago police officer's blog

The defense lawyer's story of how he came to take the case and how it proceeded

The defense's closing argument

No comments: