Monday, July 30, 2012

Great Value frozen broccoli florets

Photobucket
What can I say about broccoli? I eat broccoli almost every day. Usually about a whole bag. Most of it is this brand. Its a Walmart brand. I usually go through at least 5 bags of it a week. There are little chunks of stems included as the picture shows, but I have only rarely found any woody chunks of stem. Maybe once or twice a year. Since I eat well over 200 bags a year of this product, and have for several years now, that seems like a decent ratio. Broccoli has some good nutrients in it, and is low in starch and sugar, and I like it. So, it is a near perfect veggie for me.

I tried a bag first because it is always the least expensive frozen broccoli and liked it so I have mostly stuck with it unless Walmart is out of it.

I will warn you there is a stems and pieces version of Great Value frozen broccoli that costs less that I do not like as a lot of the stems tend to be kind of woody.

No comments: