Saturday, October 6, 2012

10-6-12 Oak Ridge Forest Preserve 7.3 mile hike

It was a nice day for a hike. 44F with a pretty stiff breeze. I wore my winter hat because I was afraid my cowboy hat would have blown off. Good decision. Also wore my warm jacket instead of a wind breaker. Also a good decision. We saw no other hikers but we did run into a group of 8-10 girls out horse back riding. We hiked most of the trails. Base Camp said 7.3 miles.
Photobucket
I have added some notes to the park map as it does not show the new river crossing, and it appears like there is a trail segment shown on the map that no longer exists. Based on the GPS plot, it appears like the section of trail between marker 2 and 1 has been straightened out. A lot of the park trail maps are not perfect.
Photobucket
The preserves are pretty this time of year as the leaves change.
A few pictures I took there.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Someone got et!
Photobucket

No comments: