Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cold Steel Bushman Sheath Modifications


A while back Cold Steel was selling factory second Bushman knives with sheath at 3/$39 delivered. I could not resist, even though I had no real use for them.

A post on one of the Cold Steel forums showed me how to wrap the handle with paracord, which makes a huge difference in how the knife feels in the hand.

However, I never really liked the sheath. No strap to hold the knife in place, and the sheath was a lot longer than the knife.

So I used my Harbor Freight sewing awl to add a strip of Velcro as a security strap, and chopped a couple of inches off the sheath, and then sewed it up. It's kind of rough, but I think it is "better" then when I started, at least from a utility stand point.

The sheath shown above the knife is one of the sheathes that came with it unaltered for comparison.

No comments: