Friday, May 14, 2010

Chinese Jungle Boot Update

This is an update to my original post about some Chinese made jungle boots I bought almost 2 months ago.

http://ilbob.blogspot.com/2010/03/this-is-kind-of-gear-review.html

I originally bought these boots intending to wear them for walking the dog and doing some light hiking, and maybe mowing the yard. But, as soon as I got them, they turned out to be so comfy that I started wearing them everyday. They quickly became my everything except mowing the yard footwear (don't want to get them all green since I have been wearing them to work). I was looking for another pair of shoes to wear to work but stopped looking once I started wearing these all the time.

Issues. Not really. There is some noticable wear on the soles. I am a heavy guy and beat the heck out of footwear so I am not real surprised by that.



















One thing that did happen was I came home from helping to teach an NRA pistol class at the range and found a 22 shell stuck in the sole. I pulled it out and a plug of the sole came with it. I was not real sure just what to do to fix this. I thought about filling the hole with some kind of sealant, but eventually settled on pulling the plug out of the shell casing and just putting it back in the hole. That seems to have worked well so far (after the better part of a month). The photo shows the plug right next to the heel after being re-inserted.

These are definitely not cold weather boots. A few times since I got them it has been down in the low 30s during my daily dog walking, and that's about as cold as I would want to wear them in.

It's not been real hot yet, but the few times it has been up near 80 or so I have not had any feet sweat issues.

I am tempted to get another pair.

[9-18-10] update

No comments: