Sunday, January 30, 2011

1-30-11 Rock Cut State Park

The beagle and I went hiking today.

We started on the Willow Creek bike path at the trail head near the dam heading west. We took a little detour through the forest, but headed pretty much west along the bike path.

The we headed southwest along some bike trails and ended up near the SW corner of the park, headed east roughly paralleling Harlem Road. Then north back to the bike path on the old main park road past the abandoned picnic shelter.

I had my new GPS my wife bought me for Xmas with me. Don't have any maps loaded yet but did have the trip computer turned on. It said we went 3.27 miles. 1:29 moving, and 1:00 stopped. I believe the 3.27 miles part, and the total time. The cell phone pedometer counted 9654 steps, and in the snow they are shorter steps. Normally I get about 2500-2600 steps per mile, at least per the cell phone pedometer, and the number of steps always goes up when it is snowy and icey out. I never realized how much time Wilma and I are stopped. Wilma likes to stop and sniff a lot, and I stop to look and take pictures and video.



Some ducks in a creek.

The route we took. I think all the trails we took were actually on the map, or at least close to what is shown on the map.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

more beagle all the time....

love you!!


the beagle