Monday, January 31, 2011

Cabelas purchases

I lost my pocket knife and comb at a metal detector. I took them out to get past it and left them sit there. I ran across a Cabelas gift card not long ago that I got in a gift card exchange at work a few years ago and mislaid. So last Saturday (1/22) I checked out the bargain cave on the Cabelas web site and selected a pocket knife and some wool socks. With tax and shipping it was $32 and change. A bit over the $25 value of the gift card. I really hate not having a pocket knife on me. They come in handy a lot. I did get a replacement comb from the motel I stayed at the other day, so I will soon be up to snuff again.

The socks were $10 and the knife was $15. The rest was shipping and handling.

The package came Wednesday (1/26). The knife is a little bigger than I am used to and is very sharp. I was able to shave hair off my arm with it. Can't say I have used it for much else other than opening up my paycheck.

I have been wearing the socks. They are billed as medium weight, and I think that is a fair billing. They are comfy and warm. Four pairs for $10 is not a bad deal for wool socks. 20% wool/65% acrylic/15% stretch nylon according to their web site.



The knife is a Kershaw Vapor.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to hear about me...and nice socks...go for our walks!!

Love
the Beagle!

Patrick said...

Kershaw nice choice