Saturday, October 1, 2011

Recent stuff

9-23-11
The owner's wife at work decided to get rid of the K cups that have been laying around for a while. Free is always a bargain. I like the regular coffee ones and the tea. I got a hot chocolate and brought it home to Fran. She liked it. Not usually worth 50 cents to me though, but now and then I have broken down and bought one.
The Keurig brewer.
I sorted all the flavored coffees in to the basket, with the teas on top of the rack, the coffees in the middle of the rack, and the bottom is hot chocolate. I figure the flavored coffees will take forever to get rid of. I am working on the coffee and tea (the mango tea I put in with the flavored coffees).
9-25-11
Hoffman House tailgate party tent. $10 all the hot dogs, brats, hamburgers and buffet you can eat. I was there for the coin show but the food looked good so I tried it. The brats and dogs were the big juicy kind. Very good. Never got around to the burgers. The sliced prime rib was good as well. I don't know if this is an every football Sunday thing or just for the day of the Bear/Packer game. If you bought the $10 deal they gave you a wrist band so you could get the tent items at no additional charge. Otherwise they were $1 each. That is quite a bargain by itself.
Clock in the hallway of the Hoffman House. Take a look at the "4". I guess the guy does not know his Roman numerals real well. It is not the first time I have seen IIII used instead of IV though.Maybe this is an alternate.
9-27-11
I was nominated for, but did not win employee of the month for September. Oddly, I did not work especially hard in September, but worked like a dog most of the summer. I guess it was a cumulative thing.

No comments: