Saturday, February 4, 2012

Walden Farms Ketchup



This is pretty good stuff. I have tried it before and found it was not quite like "real" ketchup enough to appreciate it, but I think in the intervening time my sugar habit has abated enough that I can now appreciate it.

It is roughly the consistency and flavor of regular ketchup, but is not as sweet tasting to me and seems to be blended just a little finer. But, as a low carb and low calorie substitute, I think it does fine. I have used it to make low carb sloppy Joe and as a condiment.

It is not real cheap. I think the 12 ounce bottle was $4 something.

The label is a bit misleading about the carb and calorie content. It says there is zero of both but also says there is tomato paste in it. There is an asterisk on the label that says it contains "trace" calories so I emailed them and asked. I got the following response back:

Good Morning Bob,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please note that trace calories are four per
serving. The carbs are .4 grams per serving.

No comments: