Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Atkins Advantage Milk Chocolate Delight Shake


These are pretty good. They taste better cold so I suggest keeping them in your refrigerator.

One caution, if they stay cold for a long time (like months) they will congeal to the consistency of pudding. They still taste OK, but if you would rather they don't take a set like that, I suggest not cooling them for extended periods of time.

I have used these both as snacks and as meal replacements. In some cases I have lived off them for days at a time in attempts to kick start the weight loss process. It seems to work.

Each little carton is 160 calories, and just 2 net carbs. No sugar alcohols. 10 g of fat and 15 g of protein. The protein seems to come mostly from milk, so it is likely a pretty high quality protein.

Their web site does not allow cut and paste of ingredients, and the list of ingredients in these shakes is pretty long. If you are interested, you can go take a look. Atkins web site.

I usually wait until Walmart has the 6 packs to buy them. They periodically sell 6 packs for the same price as 4 packs, which makes them about $1 each. A pretty good deal.

I have tried several of the other flavors. I think this is my favorite. I never had any carb cravings from them like I get from some of the Atkins bars that have lots of sugar alcohols in them, and I have had a bunch of these shakes over the last few years.

No comments: