Friday, October 15, 2010

Belleville Hot Weather Boots

Well, I took the refund I got from the Chinese made jungle boots that failed and put them toward a pair of real mil-spec boots. I ordered them from an eBay seller named rodd1000us. They were $43 delivered. I suspect they may be factory seconds due to the price, but if they are, I can't find anything wrong with them. I thought the same thing about the ICW boots I got as well, and couldn't find anything wrong with them either. I ordered them on 10-13-10, and they shipped the same day, arriving on 10-15-10.

They came in a Belleville box.


 I am protected in case of pungi stick attack.


I had part of the day off the day they came so when I got home I put them on. They seemed to fit pretty well. They come with a pair of insoles. I might try them with the Dr. Scholls insoles I scavenged from the Chinese boots that failed.

I took the beagle for a short hike in a FP I have not been to before just to start wearing them in. They are a little heavier than the Chinese boots, but they are comfy and have good ankle support. I don't know how much use I will get out of them this season. I doubt they are real useful when it gets cold, although I was outside later in the evening and it was only in the mid 40s, and they were plenty warm. I will probably wear them for a few days or weeks and get them good and worn in.

No comments: