Sunday, October 24, 2010

The mighty Kishwaukee River

I must have driven by this a couple hundred times now going back and forth to visit my wife's relatives. I have been meaning to take a few pictures, as I find it pretty funny.

It's located just east of Harvard, IL on O'Brien Road, just off of state route 173.

On the north side of the road, its a couple of culverts that feed into a culvert that goes under the road, and on the south side of the road is is a ditch that is not more than 3 feet wide.

The pictures did not come out real good, I think my wife was not holding the camera very steady. I will update the pictures with some better ones some time in the future, when I get around to it.


This is the sign.


[12-25-10] New pictures posted.

This is the view looking at the north side (upstream) of the road. It's just a single culvert maybe 24" in diameter.


The view looking downstream (south). Not even a serious ditch at this point.


The Pheasants Forever sign next to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking for your wife, whose name is Fran, she takes the best pictures she can...

Wilma the beagle!