Saturday, November 20, 2010

Nesco food dehydrator

I decided to give it a test with some frozen broccoli and cauliflower.

The results were not ideal, but might be adequate for making backpacking food.

Perhaps I dried them too much, but I could not get them to rehydrate even close to the amount of water that was driven off. Even so the rehydrated veggies were edible.



I did not show it in the video or pictures but I put a meat thermometer inside the thing. It showed the temperature where the probe was at was about 150 degrees F.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it makes nooo sense to me to take the water out and then put it back in!! kinda silly!

the beagle...

techseo07 said...

Great blog! The information you provide is quiet helpful, why I was not able to find it earlier. Anyways I’ve subscribed to your feeds, keep the good work up. Nesco Dehydrator