Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rock Cut State Park 2-26-11

I am not sure how accurate this route is. Lots of trails in the horse area that are not on the trail map. In a general way, it is pretty close.

3.46 miles according to my GPS. 2 hours and 11 minutes. I tested what the GPS showed versus the car odometer by driving back along the final segment. Both reported about 0.6 miles. I don't believe what the GPS reports for moving and stopped times, although the total time seems correct. I don't know how it calculates stopped time but it seems to report a lot more time as "stopped" then really happened.

It turns out they are serious about the park closing at 5 pm and not getting locked in. I went out toward the route 173 gate. At 5:03 pm I met the park guy coming back on the road who waved me down and said the gate was already closed and I would have to go out through the Harlem Road exit.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love you and glad we walked...don't want a choke chain.

the beagle.....please no choke chain.