Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Royal Sugar Free Gelatin


Logli had these on sale 3/$1. I figured I would give them a try. I got some of each flavor that they had available - orange, raspberry, cherry, and strawberry.

I just followed the directions to make it. It went smoothly. I also tried making it with water straight from the hot water spigot on my water cooler. The hot water from the "cooler" is not boiling as the directions suggest, but it also worked fine. Took maybe a total of two minutes per batch.

The directions suggest stirring for 2 minutes. I never did. Maybe a minute, at least until it was fully dissolved. One time I think I may not have stirred it adequately and I got a small ring around the bottom of the container of harder gelatin. It was still edible though.

According to the web site they also have lime flavored gelatin, but Logli did not have that on the shelf. The ingredient list from their website lists the following for the strawberry flavor:

INGREDIENTS: GELATIN, FUMARIC ACID (FOR TARTNESS), SODIUM CITRATE (CONTROLS ACIDITY), ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF THE FOLLOWING: ASPARTAME* (SWEETENER), MALTODEXTRIN, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM (SWEETENER), RED 40, BLUE 1. *PHENYLKETONURICS: CONTAINS PHENYLALANINE

The others were quite similar except for the colorants and I think two of them mentioned natural flavors as well as artificial flavors.

Four 1/2 cup servings per package according to the label. Five calories, no carbs, and one gram of protein per serving.

I tried all four flavors Logli had and liked them all. No carb cravings. I give them an "A".

No comments: