Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Walden Farms Sugar Free Maple Syrup


Waldon Farms makes a wide variety of sugar free, zero calorie products. I have previously tried WF ketchup and one of their several different BBQ sauces (I think the "original" flavor). The ketchup did not taste like ketchup to me and I did not like the BBQ sauce, so I did not purchase them again.

I ran across WF Maple Syrup at the grocery store recently and figured I would give it a try. It is actually pretty good. Not runny, and thick enough to feel like syrup. It has a nice, sweet, maple taste. It is kind of expensive. IIRC, I paid $4.95 for a 12 ounce bottle. I put it on some pork rind French toast. It was quite good. It did not give me any carb cravings either. So I give it an "A".

I would post the ingredients from their web site but it uses pictures instead of text so it is not possible to easily copy and paste, but you can go look at their website and see the ingredient list if interested. It is sweetened with sucralose. Nothing in the ingredient list that looks like it might be an issue to me.

No calories, no sugar.

No comments: