Saturday, April 7, 2012

kinnikinnick creek conservation area 4-7-12

We have been here several times before.
10-11-10
11-20-10
3-13-11

It is a nice place to hike. It has a hiking trail and a horse trail. I sort of prefer the horse trail as it crosses the creek a couple times and allows Wilma a place to play and get a drink. I managed to lose my sunglasses, so if you want a cheap pair of sunglasses for free, go walk the horse trail here in the real near future and look down the whole way.

There were a few rain drops, but it did not amount to anything. I did take the poncho out of my fanny pack and put it in my jacket pocket in case I needed it, but I didn't. In fact, the brief rain that the weather forecast called for never happened other than a few drops here and there.

Trail map (scan).
Photobucket

GPS plot. Base Camp says it is 4.4 miles to do the horse trail circuit rather than the 3.5 miles the trail map claims.
Photobucket

No comments: