Sunday, September 16, 2012

9-15-12 Laona Heights Forest Preserve Visit

There do not appear to be any hiking opportunities here. We drove in and looked around some. The web site claims there are 0.5 miles of trails here, but none are shown on the trail map and I did not see any trail heads, although I did not go hunting for them.

ETA 9-17-12 I sent an email to the district asking them about any trail that might be there. This is the reply I got. "The trailhead starts next to the entrance gate on the north side of the road." next time I am out that way I will take a closer look.

Its an old preserve - 1924 according to the sign out front. Not very large - 40 acres according to the web site.

It is about 6.5 miles due west of the south entrance to Colored Sands FP just north of where Yale Bridge Road dead ends into Anderson Road.
Photobucket


No comments: