Sunday, July 13, 2014

6-14-14 Winding Creek Conservation Area

McHenry County Conservation District.

I have seen the sign for this place a number of times and finally decided to take a look. It is right off of O'Brien Road, a road we have often been on while traveling to visit Fran's family in Lake County.

It is mostly open fields and with no shade probably not a great summer hike. Maybe Wilma and I will come back in the winter. It looks like a fun snow hike. Not real long. Couple of miles of trails.

I saw some kind of critter near the sign when we pulled up. I was not quick enough to get his picture. I think it was a fox, but not 100% sure, as he disappeared into the knee high weeds (aka native prairie plants) as we pulled up.

There is a parking area out by the road and a picnic shelter, well, and bathroom facilities farther in along a gravel road.
MAP

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: