Sunday, March 18, 2012

Rock Cut State Park 3-17-12

We started and ended at the parking lot near the route 173 entrance. My original plan was to walk the horse trail loop on the NE end of the park but it turned out to be mostly mud, so we took a detour over to the paved bike path and ended up walking around the lake. So what would have been perhaps a little over 2 miles ended up being over 6 miles. We had a good time. It was nice walking weather. We ended up having to hoof it back on the park road instead of trails after it got dark though.

For the first time as best I can recall, I got a couple of ticks in this park. I checked Wilma and did not find any. But they were the small deer ticks, and they are not real hard to miss. She has Frontline so even if she gets a tick it will die in a day or two.

Photobucket

Base Camp said it was 6.1 miles. Seems about right.
Photobucket

Sunset over Pierce Lake from the east end of the lake.
Photobucket

An old trail marker. We run across these now and then. It was too dark to get really good pictures.
Photobucket

A toad Wilma ran across on the road. It was too dark for me to see it but somehow she knew it was there. I had to take this flash picture by more or less random aiming. It is the best of the three shots I took.
Photobucket

A random flash picture as we were walking back to the Jeep in the dark.
Photobucket

No comments: