Sunday, August 5, 2012

3pc knife set. Serrated blades

By some wierd random chance I saw these on eBay. Free shipping and sitting at 99 cents. So on a whim I bid on them and got them for $1.04 shipped. I did not expect a whole lot in a 35 cent knife. I got a little better than I might have expected though.
Photobucket
They are folding knifes with a lock. The blade has jimping on it and a thumbhole in the top of the blade, presumably for quick deployment. The jimping works pretty well, although I am not sure that the plastic handles are strudy enough that I would want to exert all that much force on the knife. I suspect the plastic would break.

I tried using the thumbhole to open the blade, but it is just not a useful feature IMO on such a small blade. 
Photobucket
The blade is chisel ground with serrations. I am not real fond of either. The end of the blade that is not serrated will cut paper, but is not sharp enough to shave arm hair with. It locks up a lot better than I would have expected, and a while a couple of them have some side to side play in them, for a 35 cent knife, they seem reasonably sturdy. The blade is stamped China and stainless. They went in my desk drawer. No idea what if anything I will do with them.

seller: charlie459
eBay description:
You are bidding on a three piece knife set. Very handy to have attached to your fishing vest, hiking pack, put just for everyday use on your keychain.

No comments: