Friday, August 3, 2012

Harbor Freight Scissors 99 cents

Photobucket
I have bought a bunch of these scissors from HF since they put up a store in town. They go on sale regularly for 99 cents. As 99 cent scissors go, they are pretty good. In the end though, I either lose them or break the plastic handles.

They have serrated metal jaws that can be used to open tight jar lids, but as often as not when I have tried to use that feature I have broken a plastic part when I applied force to it.

The cutting edge has small serrations along the blade which makes it cut well, even if it is not especially sharp. I don't see anyway they could be sharpened, but I have never had a pair go dull on me either.

I keep buying them because they are cheap, and it does not bother me any to lose or break something that cheap. As scissors go, they actually work pretty good, and at 99 cents it does not bother me any to use them to cut wire or other stuff that might ding up the blade.

No comments: