Friday, November 23, 2012

Rugged Wear Magic Gloves

I saw these at Menards. They were 50 cents a pair - black Friday deal I think. I got a pair to try. I doubt they would be very warm by themselves but I think they will work pretty well as liners inside my regular gloves when it is colder. It may be quite some time before it is cold enough to know if they do much good or not. I did try them out inside my regular gloves and they fit nicely there. The tag says 95% polyester and 5% spandex. They had various colors.
Photobucket
The glove stretches to fit over my hand. You can see through the weave so I doubt it will do much good by itself as any wind at all would get easily through it.
Photobucket
Compare it when it is not stretched out to the size of my hand.
Photobucket
ETA 11-27-12 It was 12F this morning when Wilma and I went out on our normal morning walk. A good chance to see how well these work as liners. The first half of our walk I wore just my regular gloves. While, my fingers were not freezing cold, they were noticably cool. About mid-way of our 3.27 mile walk, I put the Magic Gloves on under my regular gloves as a liner. Noticably warmer. I have to say for 50 cents, they worked pretty good as liners. As gloves, they just are too thin and open weave to provide much usefulness though.

No comments: