Monday, April 21, 2014

2014 04 19 distillery conservation area

A short walk with the beagle.

We had stopped here a couple weeks ago and noticed a sign by the front gate indicating it was closed for deer hunting. I took this picture on my way out. Same sign. I must have missed it on the way in. There was a group of people and dogs by the front gate when I came in that may have distracted me from seeing it. I don't know if it really was closed. No other cars in the parking lot when I got there. There was no sign at the kiosk and the web site does not mention it. But, I don't think the web site mentioned it was closed a few weeks ago either. Maybe they do not want to publicize the deer hunt.

 I'd email and ask about it but the last time I emailed them resulted in the closing of the horse trail at KCCA to hikers. So, I think I will just let my curiosity remain unsatisfied. Better not to stir up anything. Never know what might happen.
Photobucket