Thursday, December 30, 2010

Rock Cut State Park 12-30-10

We went for another hike today. It started off on the same trail we took yesterday, and then we went east on Hart Road until we had to turn off because it turns into a ski trail. We went down to the lake through the camp ground which seemed to be empty and picked up the trail that goes along the lake back to the parking lot.

About an hour and 50 minutes. I'd guess two and a half miles. Slow going in the snow. But we had fun, got some fresh air, and exercise, and Wilma got to play in a lot of snow.

I noted yesterday that both trail heads to the horse trails near the north park entrance are signed as being ski trails. I wondered if maybe I could get to the horse trails and walk them from the horse camp side so on our way home I drove there and took a look. They are also signed for skiing. I guess I am out of luck. I did notice the horse trails that cross Hart Road had the gates closed. But no signs restricting them to skiing, and they had boot prints in the snow, so maybe they are hikable.

There are lots of trails to choose from so it's not that big of a deal. I can't walk real far in the snow anyway. It's a lot more work and takes a lot longer then normal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sometimes I just want to sniff....deal with it.

the beagle!