Thursday, January 26, 2012

Questbar Chocolate Brownie

Questbar website

I got this as a sample from some kind of online promotion. It was pretty tasty. It has 5 net carbs. I think they call them effective carbs. No sugar alcohols in this one although some of their products do have it.

Oddly, the individual package did not state the flavor of the bar on the wrapper.

Another website that does not allow cut and past of their ingredient list.

Protein blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate)
Isomalto-Oligosaccharide (IMO - 100% natural pre-biotic fiber)
Almonds
Cocoa
Water
Natural Flavors
Sea salt
Lo Han Guo (another sweetener)
Sucralose

6 g fat
24 g carbs (19 g fiber, 1 g sugar)
170 calories

It was a little gritty and kind of chewy. I liked it. I saw a suggestion either on the package or some advertising that came with the samples that suggests heating it up, but I did not try that. I did not experience any carb crazies from it, although I think I could have eaten 3 or 4 of them.

It has a lot of fiber for a small bar like this. But I did not get any intestinal issues from it like I would from some sugar alcohols. I could not find that much on IMO online. It appears to be a sweetener of some sort that is not digested by the body. The FDA considers it GRAS.


They are kind of pricey at over $2 each (not including shipping), and are only available online thru the manufacturer, eBay, and I think Netrition has them.

No comments: