Thursday, January 26, 2012

Questbar Protein Bar Vanilla Almond Crunch

Questbar website

I got this as a sample from some kind of on-line promotion. It was pretty tasty. It has 4 net carbs. I think they call them effective carbs. No sugar alcohols in this one although some of their products do have it.

Oddly, the individual package did not state the flavor of the bar on the wrapper.

Another website that does not allow cut and past of their ingredient list.

Protein blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate)
Isomalto-Oligosaccharide (IMO - 100% natural pre-biotic fiber)
Almonds
Water
Natural Flavors
Sea salt
Lo Han Guo (another sweetener)
Sucralose

9 g fat
22 g carbs (18 g fiber, 1 g sugar)
200 calories

It was a little gritty and kind of chewy, similar to the other bar I got a sample of. I liked it.  I did not try heating this one either. I did not experience any carb crazies from it.


They are kind of pricey at over $2 each (not including shipping), and are only available online thru the manufacturer, eBay, and I think Netrition has them.

No comments: