Sunday, June 10, 2012

Berkley Polarized Fishing Glasses (sunglasses)

I bought a pair of these at Walmart a year or so ago. I lost them on a hike in early April, so I went back and got another pair. I think they were the same price last year.
Photobucket
Over the years I have broken or lost more pairs of sunglasses than I care to think about, so I generally get cheap ones. I have found there is very little difference in a $5 pair of cheap sunglasses and a $20 pair of cheap sunglasses, so I am inclined to get whatever is cheapest. The pair I had of these worked well for me and held up to the abuse I threw at them, even though they are frameless and don't look especially sturdy. So, it should be no surprise that another pair was in order when I lost them.
Photobucket

I wonder why they don't sell them as sunglasses, instead of just for fishing? They work better in that role than most $5 sunglasses would. Better than most $20 sunglasses too, IMO.

I found them in the fishing department at Walmart.

No comments: