Saturday, June 30, 2012

Great Value Mild Pork Sausage

Great Value is a Walmart house brand. It covers a lot of products. Most of the ones have tried are pretty good quality and indeed good values. This one is sort of iffy. It is OK, but nothing special. The taste of this sausage is pretty bland as one might expect from a product labeled as mild. The texture is OK, and it cooks up OK. It is also not the least expensive pork sausage sold at my local Walmart either. My biggest gripe is that it has more carbs than I like. 2 grams per serving. 6 servings per 16 ounce package. It is not horrible carb wise, but the bland flavor coupled with the unnecessary carbs, and the not so great price make it a tough sell for me. Fran sometimes buys it for me when Walmart is out of my favorite pork sausage Farmland.
Photobucket

No comments: