Sunday, June 10, 2012

Four Sisters Bike Path Scouting Report - Rochelle, IL

I was attending a wedding in Rochelle 6-9-12. I saw this bike path from the church parking lot. So after the wedding I did a little investigating. The church custodian said the plan was to extend it in a loop back to where it starts. The map from the Rochelle Park District indicates the same thing. It would appear to provide access to most of the town when it gets done. The pavement I saw looked fairly new and in great shape.

View of bike path underpass from First Presbyterian Church parking lot on IL38.
Photobucket
View of trail head at what I think is Tilton Park.
Photobucket
Map posted at trail head. Appears to be a larger version of what I got off the website.
Photobucket
Bike path map uploaded from the Rochelle Park District website.
Photobucket

No comments: