Sunday, June 10, 2012

Kishwaukee River Front Path - Belvidere - Scouting Report

I don't know much about this path. I have seen pieces of it before, but never walked on any of it other than a small segment inside Spencer Conservation Park.

I found this map of Belvidere and Doty parks on the Belvidere Park District website. Note north is to the right on this map.

Photobucket

Spencer Conservation Park (Boone County Conservation District) map.
In any case, there is a paved path that extends north from Spencer along Appleton Road then along Beloit Road all the way up to the new high school. I am not even sure if the part inside Spencer, or going north from Spencer is technically part of this path, although it is shown that way in Google maps.

I submitted it to TrailLink 6-9-12. Traillink did not publish my submission and when I asked why they advised me that they were unable to find it in their database. I submitted it about the time they were down for part of a day for maintenance.

I resubmitted it on 7-3-12.

10-22-12: It didn't make it that time either so I resubmitted it again today. We shall see if it makes it this time.

No comments: