Sunday, June 10, 2012

Eagle Work Clothes

I bought these from ebay seller Miamidepotbob. I found this seller very easy to deal with. He promptly answered a number of questions I submitted through the eBay messaging system, and the information he gave me was accurate and helpful.

I initially bought one pair of pants and liked them enough that I bought two more pairs. The price was right - $9 shipped per pair. The pants came unhemmed in my size, so Fran put a hem in them for me.
Photobucket

They seem pretty well made. I have had no issues with them at all. 65% poly/35% cotton blend. They are quite comfortable. The waist sizing seems dead on. No problems with the brass zippers, the button for fastening at the waist, or the one button down pocket on the left rear side. The front slash pockets could be a little deeper, but I have no real complaint there. The tag says assembled in the Dominican Republic of USA components, permanent press, machine washable, and tumble dry. The tag also says cut # 6501.
Photobucket

I got navy blue pants. They have now been washed once or twice a week since I bought the first pair in late March and the second and third pair in early April. They have likely been washed at least ten times by now. No signs of color fading at all.

I don't know how warm they will be in the winter, as it has been warmer since I got them. I wear them to work most days, and sometimes on weekends as well. I have worn them while mowing and doing other yard work, and while hiking with the dog in the forest. The come clean and stay wrinkle free. I even wore one pair with a jacket to a funeral. I also wore a pair to a wedding. They are that nice looking.

I liked the pants enough that I got a long sleeve shirt as well. The seller advised me they come a little snug size wise, and he was right. I ordered the larger of the two sizes I would normally get, and it fits just about perfect. The shirt has a snap on the collar which I like, instead of a button, and two button down pockets. The tag calls this shirt cut # 5346.

The only unusual thing is the size of the cuffs. I think they were made for gorillas. Fran had to put a pleat in the cuffs for me to take up the extra material. But for $6 shipped, I have no real complaints. I had to get this in a dark gray color because the seller had sold out of the navy blue in my size in long sleeve. The seller told me he got these from a uniform supplier that went bust.


Photobucket

Photobucket
Cuffs before the pleat.
Photobucket
After the pleat.
Photobucket
I rarely wear long sleeve shirts but I wanted a shirt I could wear to a chemical plant I sometimes work in that requires LS shirts as part of their safety gear requirements. And, I would rather wear a LS shirt instead of a light jacket for hiking when it is cooler. I probably won't buy anymore of either right now.

Eagle Work Clothes does have a website, but it is not especially helpful. They don't even have a sizing chart for their shirts there.

No comments: