Sunday, November 20, 2011

County Line Forest Preserve 11-20-11

We didn't hike here today. Just stopped by on our way home from LIB. It is just a couple blocks away I took a picture of the sign and the fancy outhouse.

No facilities at LIB, but I guess you could come over here if you needed to.

It is some kind of cooperative project between the Boone County Conservation District and the Winnebago County Forest Preserve District. WCFPD had some property along the Kishwaukee River but there was no way to get to it except through Boone County.



I am going to try to come here later in the week for a hike.

ETA: 12-3-12 The trail head is actually located in Ipsen Road Conservation Area and the trail passes thru it and Newburg Village Conservation Area on its way into County Line. I updated my County Line map to show this.
Photobucket

No comments: