Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fox River Liner Socks

I got these at Farm and Fleet. $3.49 a pair. I bought several pairs last year as well, and one or two pair in black of another brand from some place else. I find they make a huge difference in comfort when worn under a boot sock while hiking. I typically don't wear them except on longer hikes. The boot socks I wear every day.

If I had a complaint about these type of socks, it would be that they don't seem to last long. They develop holes and runs pretty quickly by comparison with any of the brands of boot socks I have purchased and wear everyday. It would not surprise me if I get less than a dozen uses of a pair before they develop holes and runs in them.


ETA 11-29-11:
A poster on another forum stated that one common reason for getting holes in these kind of socks is toe nails that have rough edges. I have noticed that to be true. He also stated that even rough skin like on calluses can be problematic as well. I have not had that problem. Thread on AR-15

No comments: