Saturday, November 26, 2011

Menards Guidesman SS Water Bottles 2 pack


Not all that much to say about these. I have seen them there before right by the entrance. <$4. I don't think they were reduced for Black Friday.

They came with split rings and carabiners attached to the cap. I did not like the noise they made flopping around and are pretty useless IMO so I removed them. There was a warning that came with them that stated the carabiners should not be used for climbing.

I washed them out after we got home yesterday from the Black Friday festivities and tried one as a normal water bottle. Worked OK. My only gripes are the size and that you can't use them one handed since the lid has to be unscrewed to use. I really wanted some 32 ounce SS bottles, but have not been able to find any I really like. These are only 24 ounces, but they will do for now until I find exactly what I really want.

The plastic screw in lid comes with a gasket. No leaks, and it looks pretty substantial so I expect leaks will not be an issue.

For the price, they are a great value IMO.

ETA: 12-6-11
I used to use some recycled polycarbonate pop and juice bottles but over time they all developed holes so I started looking for something better. I have started using these to take with me to work. I freeze a small amount of water in them to keep my water and lunch cold. I wish they were one hand use and 32 ounces, but they work Ok as is.