Sunday, November 13, 2011

Flexi Retractable Leash


I basically traded in the leash that failed for this one at PetSmart. It is labeled for medium sized dogs up to 44 pounds.

It has a cord instead of a tape.

I tried it once on a morning walk. It worked fine. In fact it was very smooth operating. The 23 foot length is really too long for our walks as it allows Wilma to get out in the street too far. In any case it is getting colder and I will be wearing gloves and these things are not real easy to use in gloves so I may just use a regular leash for the winter on our normal walks and reserve this for hiking where it is convenient to allow Wilma some way to get down to a river or creek for a nice drink of water.

ETA: I used it on our hike in the forest today. Worked well. My only complaint so far is that for some reason it is not as easy to hold on to as the previous retractable leash. I don't know if the handle is a little more slippery, or the shape is not as good. The latching mechanism latches and releases much better than the previous leash.

ETA 11-23-11: It turns out that the leash loop provided at the dog end is handy for hooking Wilma to a seat belt in the car.

No comments: