Saturday, April 13, 2013

Single Hand Quick Release Reusable Pneumatic Tourniquet Green

Every now and then I come across something on eBay that is cheap and interesting. This was $1.04 shipped from China. Somehow I am compelled to buy these things.

I would never have expected to run across a tourniquet from China.

So, I placed a bid on it and was surprised as heck when my bid was accepted. It showed up less than 2 weeks after I bought it. Amazing that someone can ship something like this from China for a dollar much less include any merchandize. I can't buy a padded envelope for a dollar. This came in a padded envelope with tracking.

This was purchased from eBay seller accmartonline. According to the paypal information, the payment went to meritline international, so it may be that this is their eBay outlet. I have bought little trinkets from them before with good luck.

It came in the cheesy plastic the Chinese love.

Photobucket
It came with no instructions but it was not real hard to figure out. It is just an elastic band with a buckle.
Photobucket
Just buckle it together.
Photobucket
Slide over the affected appendage, and pull tight.
Photobucket
I found it was big enough to fit over my thigh, at least stretched a little. 

I put it around my arm and pulled it as tight as it was going to get, at least as tight as I could pull it. I still could feel a pulse at the wrist. 

The button is used to release it. It is under substantial tension when it is tightened up so it pops right off. 

I don't think it gets tight enough to be a useful tourniquet. It might be useful for holding a bandage in place, and it might actually at least slow down the blood flow some. 

This is what the item description said:
Single Hand Quick Release Reusable Pneumatic Tourniquet Green

Features:

These Tourniquets with their unique variety of designs offer the comfort of a 25mm wide elastic band coupled.
With a quick break release mechanism. They also feature a button that will quick release the pressure.
Without breaking, thus allowing the band to be re-tightened with a one-handed operation.
The TMI Tourniquet is simple to operate, durable and offers all the features of higher priced tourniquets.
Together with our interesting and multi-colorful band designs.
Highly flexible, latex free cotton ribbon
No pain when tightening the tourniquet
Snap-on safety closure, secure opening
Ergonomic casing, sturdy snap-on clip
Room for your personal customizing labeling
Quick and safe releasing
Convenient roll clip
High-grade materials
Personal colors acceptable
Size: 16.5" x 0.98"

Package includes:

1* Pneumatic Tourniquet

It pretty much is one handed operation.

Another doodad that will go in my desk drawer most likely.

ETA: 4-14-13
Someone pointed out to me that it looks like the kind of elastic band used when giving an injection or IV.

No comments: