Sunday, June 30, 2013

Free Kindle Books 6-30-13

PLEASE. Do everyone a favor and write an Amazon review if you end up reading a book (or trying to and giving up in disgust). It does not have to be much. Just tell what you think of the book. By the way, many times I have found the 1 and 2 star reviews on self published works to be far more revealing about the book than the more stellar reviews.

Most times these books are only free for a day or two, so you have to grab them while you can. Worry about whether you really want to read it later if it seems interesting.

From the top 100 free list
As is typical, there are several religious and recipe books on the list today. I don't call them out because they don't interest me. Click on the link above and search through the Free List Tab if you are interested in such books.

The List - A Thriller
[#6. 3rd day. Its been free before. Lots of promise but fizzled for me. I gave it 2 stars. This author is regularly on the list. The distribution of reviews suggests the book has issues for many people (like me) but others found it enjoyable.]

Archangels: Rise of the Jesuits
[#13. 2nd day. Was also free back in March. I have not looked at it. Good premise and a genre I like. A fair number of mostly good reviews.]

Dark Moonlighting
[#26. 2nd day. Was also free back in May. A vampire book with a pretty good premise and some good reviews. What's not to like? I started reading it but never got much past the first few pages. Not sure why. Maybe just other things got in the way.]

[#30. 8th day. Lots of reviews - mostly positive. It was also free back in April, but I have not looked at it.]

Blood, Smoke and Ashes
[#59. 3rd day. Seems to have potential. How well that potential is used I cannot say.]

A Short History of the World
[#67. 4th (?) day. A good concept. How well it is executed remains to be seen. It was on the list Friday but not yesterday. May have slipped off the list or maybe I just missed it yesterday.]

Not on the list today.

The Taste
After his mother dies, Jake Wheeler returns to his birthplace of Dark Springs, West Virginia, seeking solace among his kin. But his family’s unique comfort food includes some ingredients Jake's not sure he can stomach.

They eat dead people.

[Was on the list yesterday but not today but is still free. I started reading it last night. So far, it is pretty good. I don't know why it slipped off the top 100 free list. Maybe cannibalism is not a popular topic.]



No comments: