Saturday, March 2, 2013

550 7 Strand Type III Commercial Survival Paracord MADE in USA 100ft

I bought this from eBay seller Outdoorbunker. I don't know what the difference between mil-spec and commercial para-cord is. This stuff looks like regular mil-spec para-cord other than the color. It was $5.28 shipped for 100 feet. It was a neat color that would be harder to trip over in the dark. I got 50 feet of navy blue para-cord from the same seller back in October for $3.25 shipped. My suspicion is he buys in bulk from Paracordplanet.com and resells it. The navy blue stuff also said paracord planet on it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't know that this stuff is a whole lot better (or worse) than other cordage options, but para-cord seems to be the consensus choice for general outdoor activities and the price is right. I have gotten some from other venders in the more traditional black color previously.

I occasionally put in relatively low bids on unusual colors on his auctions. You never know what you might get for less than the going rate. Most of the time 100 foot hanks seem to fetch $7-9 shipped, which in itself is not a bad deal.

ETA: A question was asked about the inner stranding. It has 7 smaller white strands inside the outer sheath like mil-spec cord does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Outdoor Bunker and ParacordPlanet are the the same company. Paracord Planet just deals directly with Paracord and OB sells our kinds of outdoor products.

I typically get my stuff from http://mrparacord.com or http://armynavyparacord.com