Saturday, March 30, 2013

Outdoor Camping Hiking Polypaudio Survival Rescue Emergency Signal Whistle

Now and then I am inclined to purchase low cost outdoors items, usually on eBay. I sometimes get about what I expect, cheap junk that will not work well and fail easily. I have been surprised by how good some of the items turned out to be, especially at the price point. For 99 cents shipped, this is a decent deal IMO.
Photobucket
I stole this picture from the auction. Hope he does not mind. It describes the whistle pretty well. It was further described as:
Outdoor Camping Hiking Polypaudio Survival Rescue Emergency Signal Whistle Package includes:1*Whistle
It came from China. Was 99 cents including shipping. A little heavier duty than I would have expected. Seems reasonably loud, even not blowing real hard. eBay seller style-park.

Its about 17/16" wide, 2.75" long, and 1/4" thick at its thickest. About 1/8" thick where it goes in your mouth.

Comes with a chain to attach it. I would not use it on a key chain as it is all plastic and probably would not stand up well as a key fob.

No comments: