Saturday, March 9, 2013

Griffin Wool Thermal Boot Tube Sock - Keep Warm During Winter - 2 Pack- Assorted

I got these from eBay seller gearxs. They were $5.98 for 2 pair shipped. They came in the mail late Feb.

The description called them brand name Griffin and size 9-15. The picture of the socks in the eBay item description looked about the same as the picture below but included the word Griffin and size 9-15 on the cardboard sleeve.

This is the description from the eBay listing.

Features:
90% Polyester 10% Wool
Size: 9-15
Assorted colors
Perfect for winter working or shoveling snow
Machine Washable
2 Pairs Wool Thermal Insulated Tube Socks (Assorted Color)

What came in the mail was two pairs of these:


Photobucket

Photobucket

As socks go they seem OK, but are not really boot socks as they only come up just above my ankles. I think they might be Ok for wearing with ankle high or low quarter shoes, but not anything that would be considered a real boot by most people. But, that is a different issue from the size problem.


Photobucket
This is a snapshot of the actual auction picture. very clearly both the picture and the text show size 9-15. Note that it also shows brand name "Griffin" on the sock, something missing from what he sent me. It appears similar enough though that I am not real worried about the word "Griffin" being missing from the label on the socks sent me.  

I went back and forth with the seller a few times on this issue. The seller seems to take a while to return messages which was moderately annoying, but in retrospect not real surprising for someone doing business this way. I ended up filing a complaint with eBay just about the time the seller offered me a full refund. I don't know if the complaint nudged him in the direction of a refund or not.

As part of the deal I revised the negative feedback I had given him to positive. No seller can really do much more than a full refund, although I wonder why he did not just send me the socks I actually ordered.

I am not sure what I will do with the socks.

Edited 3-15-13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

designs by clients are not always the easiest to understand. Fortunately there are solutions to help you create designs that manufacturers can read, so you get the socks that you want. tube socks bulk