Monday, March 4, 2013

ULTIMATE WORK SOCK MERINO WOOL BLEND BOOT SOCK 2-PACK >X-LARGE< 2/8791

I got a couple pair of wool blend socks in the mail the other day (late Feb). I bought them from eBay seller olbonco. The two pair were $9.98 shipped. 60% Acrylic, 20% Merino Wool, 17% Nylon, 3% Spandex.  US made by Carolina Hosiery. I tried them on. They fit well (size = 12-15 sock and I am a 13W shoe size). They were sold as medium weight socks and that seems like a fair description of them. They seem like real boot socks as they come up mid-calf length.

I will wear them for a while and report back on them but at first glance they seem like about what I wanted.

I wore both pair - one on a 4.4 mile walk with the beagle, and the other to work. Both times with a nylon under sock and in my ICW boots. Comfy and about as warm as I expected. Of course, it was only in the upper 20s or low 30s when I was walking.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

ETA 3-5-13
I did some web searching. It appears that Carolina Hosiery makes the Browning brand of socks and some others, and that at least some of their products are available at Shoe Carnival.

No comments: