Friday, July 5, 2013

Free Kindle Books 7-5-13

PLEASE. Do everyone a favor and write an Amazon review if you end up reading a book (or trying to and giving up in disgust). It does not have to be much. Just tell what you think of the book. By the way, many times I have found the 1 and 2 star reviews on self published works to be far more revealing about the book than the more stellar reviews.

Most times these books are only free for a day or two, so you have to grab them while you can. Worry about whether you really want to read it later if it seems interesting.

From the top 100 free list
As is typical, there are several religious and recipe books on the list today. I don't call them out because they don't interest me. Click on the link above and search through the Free List Tab if you are interested in such books.

Identity (Eyes Wide Open, Book 1)
Who am I?

My name is Christy Snow. I'm seventeen and I'm about to die.

I'm buried in a coffin under tons of concrete. No one knows where I am. My heart sounds like a monster with clobber feet, running straight toward me. I'm lying on my back, soaked with sweat from the hair on my head to the soles of my feet. My hands and feet won't stop shaking.

Some will say that I m not really here. Some will say I'm delusional. Some will say that I don t even exist. But who are they? I'm the one buried in a grave.

My name is Christy Snow. I'm seventeen. I'm about to die.

So who are you?

In a return to the kind of storytelling that made Black, Showdown and Three unforgettable, Ted Dekker drags that question into the light with this modern day parable about how we see ourselves.

Humming with intensity and blindsided twists, Eyes Wide Open is raw adrenaline from the first page to the last pure escapism packed with inescapable truth. Not all is as it seems. Or is it? Strap yourself in for the ride of your life. Literally. (Young Adult)

5 star:(338)
4 star:(148)
3 star:(93)
2 star:(36)
1 star: (39)

[#24. A one star review with 51/59 helpful votes writes A teaser at best...A very short read at only 54 pages. The "book" is simply an introduction to the series with no resolution whatsoever. At least the book readily admits it is oriented toward teenagers with the "young adult" label. But it also has a lot of reviews, many of them quite favorable. I picked it up when it was free back in January but have not looked at it.]

IMPOSTER: The Protectors Series - Book One
[#27. 4th day. Was free last month as well. I have not looked at it. Seems pretty far fetched. Might be more of a romance than a thriller. It is about impossible to make those two things work together.]

[#28. 13th day. Lots of reviews - mostly positive. It was also free back in April, but I have not looked at it. It is unusual for a book to be free this long, especially one with as many good reviews as this one has.]

Ravage: An Apocalyptic Horror Novel
[#74. 4th day. Zombies!]

EDGE OF SHADOWS: The Shadow Ops Finale (Shadow Ops, Book # 3)
[#90. It was #60 on the top 100 free list on July 2. A far fetched premise. I have not looked at it.  It had 2 reviews - both 5 stars. Now it has 4 5-star, 1 4-star, and 1 3-star reviews. It has probably been free the last few days but slipped off the top 100 free list.]


No comments: