Saturday, December 31, 2011

Armour potted meat

I ate this for supper.



Ingredients:
Mechanically separated chicken, beef tripe, water, salt. Contains less then 2% of: mustard, natural flavors, garlic powder,vinegar, dextrose, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrate.

A 3 ounce serving has 0 grams of carbs per the label, but as it has dextrose in it, I will be claiming it as 1/2 gram per serving.

It has a seal on the front of the package that says it is inspected by the USDA for wholesomeness so it must be good for you.

It is low carb for sure. It sort of looks like cat food and has an odd texture to it. I doubt I will buy it very often.

It does come in a can with a lid that pulls off so it is pretty handy. I think the can was 99 cents. Not that inexpensive for 3 ounces of mechanically seperated chicken and beef tripe.

No comments: